Monday, August 31, 2009

home is where my stuff is

at least that's how i've been categorizing it. whenever i'm at temple, harrisburg is home. whenever i'm back in the 717, temple is home. this is a picture of my last dinner home this summer (or the last supper as my mother decided to call it.) beef stroganoff, fresh tomatoes from our garden, and new blue placemats that i forced my mom to buy since all of our other ones are from 1995.

coming back to school this year felt like i was just picking up where i left off. there wasn't that awkward 'making friends' stage or even the 'getting to know you' stage that follows. i have friends and i know my way around the city. and as much as i love that i can skip that stuff and just start back up again, i kind of wish it was still like freshman year. i liked that you could just talk to anyone and it wasn't a huge deal because you were all pretty much in the same boat. now i feel like everyone already has their set group of friends and there's not a lot of wiggle room for people like me who still want to expand. i think i'm the kind of person who always needs to be meeting people. even in high school i constantly needed stimulation in the form of the company i kept. sure, i have my close circle and my best friends, but i like to keep a variety of people around. makes it interesting. i'm just getting nervous that everyone is locked in now.

i'm also getting nervous about some of my lifestyle choices. part of me wants to pursue those random party make-outs and play freshman fifteen and the alphabet game. the other part tells me to take a break and not be 'that girl.' the second part of me sounds boring. but right. and if it doesn't work out, i can always go back and listen to the first part of me right? right.

5 comments:

  1. I think do whatever you want to do and don't worry about what other people think. If you want to play the Freshman 15 or Alphabet game, do it. I know I will. But I also know that if I decide I don't want to do that, I wont. I could all pursue Project Boyfriend, which is much scarier. No pressure to anyone who is in on our projects. I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN WITH YOU ALL YEAR and no matter what we do, that will happen. As for the making new friends deal, I feel the same way. But you just have to be as non-creepy as possible and introduce yourself. All in all, I think it's going to be a great year and my new school year resolution is to not over-think so much about shit. I love you homie, peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you too homie. plus, you is personable.... ou will expand friends. u r only taking one honors class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chubie

    NOT EVEN KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    omg, corrie was onto something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you. all growing up and sounding responsible with the big ol' choice thing. i like the second choice, because then i don't need to worry about you so much. but, when i visit, i totally like the first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel you homie. 'oh no im a ho' made parts of freshman year so much fun but do i want to stick to that 'lifestyle'? and i definitely want to be meeting new people and doing new things all the time. i think i'm just going to go with the flow of things. if i ended up makin with 15 freshies then apparently i will be a proud participant of the freshman 15. and as far as the alphabet game, i think that's a lifelong thing haha.

    either way we will all have fun and hopefully be happy. huzzah for making the most of sophwhore year (no matter what that entails)!

    ReplyDelete